Collection Management Committee Meeting: June 21, 2023

Zoom / Conference Call

Members attending: Chad Buckley, co-chair (Illinois State University), Janice Derr (Eastern Illinois University), Stephanie Fletcher (Illinois Institute of Technology), Jeannette Glover (Spoon River College), Gwen Gregory (Northern Illinois University), Jayna Leipart Guttilla, co-chair (Illinois Valley Community College), Carl Lehnen (University of Illinois Chicago), Kris Veldheer (Catholic Theological Union), Erin Zimmerman (Heartland Community College)

CARLI Staff attending: Elizabeth Clarage, Jen Masciadrelli, Jenny Taylor


  • The May minutes were approved.
  • The Committee approved the Archives Report.
  • Janice Derr and Erin Zimmerman were selected as co-chairs for the 2023-2024 Committee.

Tasks Assigned

  • Minutes taken by Jeannette Glover.


  • CARLI Announcements:
    • Elizabeth Clarage announced that Gwen Gregory will continue on the committee along with Briana Love from Aurora University and Jackie Mann from Loyola University Chicago. There will be an all committee meeting July 18, 1-2pm on Zoom.
    • Elizabeth Clarage announced that the Oxford agreement is now signed. The access collections will now be updated Alma.
    • Jen Masciadrelli noted that the three new libraries are live this week. UIC Law went live last week; the Illinois College of Optometry and St Johns College of Nursing go live this week. They will be in resource sharing next month.
    • Next week there is a session on Find More Illinois from RAILS that is available for all CARLI I-Share member libraries to join. This session will be recorded.
    • The University of Illinois Press (UIP) journals will be activated in Alma for I-Share libraries and MARC records will be provided for non-I-Share libraries after July 1.
    • Jenny Taylor announced that she is closing out selections for FY24. There have been no major changes with this year’s subscriptions.


  • Subcommittee Updates
    • Archives subcommittee
      • Archives subcommittee went through the edits to the Archives Survey report and just needs to work on a conclusion. Stephanie Fletcher volunteered to read through and make final edits to the report by June 30. The CMC Committee voted to approve the document as is pending minor edits to the report.  
    • Open Access Collections subcommittee
      • Nothing to report.
      • Suggestion made by Elizabeth Clarage to keep the current group that is reviewing since it took a long time to compile the group and the group is made up of people from across four CARLI committees.
    • Weeding eBooks subcommittee
      • The group decided that after reviewing all of the titles, there were many dated titles with the amount of work to create separate Alma Network Zone collections, the group decided not to divide the titles into separate collections. They are currently working on the language to add to these titles to indicate that it is a historical collection.
    • DEI Continuing Education Programming subcommittee
      • Nothing to report.
  • Potential Future Ideas for Consideration by Next Year’s Committee
    • DEI subcommittee talked about doing a forum of some sort next year based off a similar one held this year.
  • Selection of Chair(s) for 2023-24
    • Erin Zimmerman
    • Janice Derr
  • Recognition of Outgoing Members
    • Chad Buckley
    • Stephanie Fletcher

Next Meeting Dates and Deadlines

The All Committee meeting will be on July 18, 2023 at 1pm.