Welcome to the web site of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). All material, inclusive of text, images, logos, and product names on this web site ("web content"), is copyrighted by CARLI or used by CARLI with the permission of the copyright holder.
Except as noted in the Special Circumstances section below, you are free, under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license:
- To Share—to copy, distribute, and transmit the work
- To Remix—to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution—You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial—You may not use this work for commercial purposes.·
- Share Alike—If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
and with the understanding that:
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- In no way are any of the following other rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author's moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
In certain cases, web content remains the intellectual property of the individual author(s).
- Forums, Workshops, and Webinars
Slides and training materials that have been presented by non-CARLI staff at CARLI events are the intellectual property of the presenters/authors, even though they are published on the CARLI web site. Permission to reuse or disseminate all or part of such presentations is granted provided that the copies are not made or distributed for commercial advantage, and that the title and author of the paper appears on the document. To copy or disseminate otherwise, or to republish in any form requires written permission from the authors.
Many authors/presenters are staff at CARLI member libraries. To locate an author or presenter, try using the directory of CARLI member libraries available on the CARLI web site. For additional information, email the CARLI Office.
- CARLI Digital Collections
CARLI is unable to grant, waive, or extend intellectual property rights for any of the materials found in CARLI Digital Collections. Each sponsoring institution maintains its own discreet set of copyright restrictions on its collections. Contact the collection's sponsor directly for rights and permission to reproduce. Contact information for any item within CARLI Digital Collections can be found within the Rights field of the metadata for that item.
- Proprietary Product Documentation
CARLI is unable to grant, waive, or extend intellectual property rights for any of the vendor-created product documentation that is available from the secure areas of the CARLI web site (available only to participating libraries), or for screen shots or graphics from proprietary product interfaces. For permission to reproduce proprietary documentation or graphics, contact the product vendor directly.
If you have questions, or if you need any further information, contact the CARLI Office.