Collection Management Committee Meeting: April 20, 2022

Zoom / Conference Call

Members attending: Dan Blewett, co-chair (College of DuPage), Chad Buckley (Illinois State University), Keith Eiten, co-chair (Wheaton College), Stephanie Fletcher (Dominican University), Lorene Kennard, (University of St. Francis), Scott Thomson (Rush University), Kris Veldheer (Catholic Theological Union), Jayna Leipart Guttilla (Illinois Valley Community College), Janice Derr (Eastern Illinois University)

CARLI Staff attending: Elizabeth Clarage, Jen Masciadrelli, Nicole Ream-Sotomayor, Jenny Taylor

Board Liaisons: Taran Ley

E-Resources Management Task Force Liaison: Andrea Imre (Southern Illinois University Carbondale)


  • March meeting minutes approved.
  • Committee approved the DEI Subcommittee’s document, Sample DEI Language Used in Collection Development Policies.

Tasks Assigned

  • Minutes taken by Lorene Kennard.
  • Elizabeth/Jen will add the document, Sample DEI Language Used in Collection Development Policies, to the CARLI website.
  • Elizabeth/Jen will add a note to the CARLI newsletter about the document Sample DEI Language Used in Collection Development Policies.
  • Minutes for next meeting to be taken by Jayna Leipart Guttilla.


  • Member Announcements:
    • Scott Thomson (Rush University) He discussed large weeding project.
    • Keith Eiten (Wheaton College) He gave an overview of their project determining core periodicals.
  • CARLI Announcements:


  • Discussion of committee member terms and who is rolling off the committee.
  • Open Access Subcommittee
    • Group is continuing to meet. Main discussion at the last meeting was about handling journal packages.
  • Weeding Ebooks
    • Goal is to have documentation done and sent out before May meeting.
  • DEI Subcommittee
    • The group met in early April. They have finalized a format to look at language for DEI language for collection development policies /statements for universities considering updating their policies and standards. Committee approved final document!
  • Alma Analytics Subcommittee
    • Group met a couple weeks ago. They decided to broaden the scope of who would find the reports useful. Both the Discovery Primo VE Task Force and the E-Resources Management Task Force have analytics on agendas. This subcommittee will finish updating web page. Asking everyone to jot down wish list reports. Subcommittee will meet again in May.

Next Meeting Dates and Deadlines

The Collection Management Committee will meet next on May 18, 2022, at 9am.

Committee Meetings:
June 15, 2022

Annual Report: May 31, 2022