I-Share Instruction Team Meeting: September 20, 2011

Members attending: Susan Avery, Kirstin Duffin, Julie Murphy, Ariel Neff,  Elizabeth Nicholson,  Ken Orenic, Chris Sweet, Marisa Walstrum.

Excused members: Merna Youngblood

IUG Liaison: Nancy Laverdiere

CARLI staff attending: Lorna Engels,


  • Minutes from the August 23, 2011 meeting were approved.

CARLI report - Lorna Engels

  • The CARLI newsletter went out on August 31, 2011.
  • The CARLI Board of Directors has made the recommendation that five (5) circulating copies of any edition of a UB-eligible monographic title are adequate to meet the routine resource sharing needs of the students, faculty and staff of all I-Share participating libraries.
  • CARLI has made the Shelflister 2.0 inventory tool available to all CARLI libraries.
  • Recently there has been Voyager system slowdowns.  The CARLI staff has rectified the problem.  
  • IUG report: IUG has not met since our last meeting.  IUG’s next meeting is scheduled to take place September 23, 2011.

Old business


  • The old and out-of-date instruction resources on the Wiki still need to be removed.  Ken will remove this information.
  • A discussion took place regarding the questions to be included in the survey.  Lorna shared some questions to start the discussion.  Lorna will share the questions via a link to the SurveyMonkey form.  The Team is asked to contribute additional questions, and the survey will be sent out after the Team’s next meeting.


  • The Team decided that holding an Unconference online is problematic and will instead hold an in-person event.   
  • The proposed date for the Unconference is January 10, 2011 and the Snow Date will be January 13, 2011.
  • A discussion took place regarding whether multiple Unconference events should take place in different locations.  It was decided that the Team will hold one Unconference in a single location.
  • The Team agreed that the Unconference should be held at an institution in located in central Illinois.  Regarding institutional availability:
    • Lorna will check with UIUC
    • Chris will check with Illinois Wesleyan
    • Lorna and Chris will inform the Team by September 23,2011
  • It was discussed and decided that a Wiki would be created to gather potential topics and the names of room moderators.  The Wiki will be hosted on the I-Share Instruction Team’s site.
    • Ken will create the page.
  • An event announcement will be created.
    • Ken will create a Google Doc for event planning and will include space for the announcement – all Team members are asked to contribute to the document.
  • Potential themes and the number of meeting rooms still need to be determined.

Spring Forum

  • Lorna contacted Dr. Sharon Chubbuck about participating in the Spring Forum.  Dr. Chubbuck is thinking about ideas for a proposal and will respond to the Team’s request.   

New business

  • No new business to report.

The meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m.

Next meeting: Tuesday, October 18, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Ken Orenic
Dominican University