Resource Sharing Committee Meeting: March 21, 2018

Conference call started at 10:00

Members attending: Belinda Cheek (North Central College); Eric Edwards (Illinois State Library); Kelly Fisher (Eureka College); Thomas Mantzakides (Morton College: Amanda Roberts (University of Illinois Springfield); Jennifer Stegen (Loyola University)
Members absent: Lisa Horsley (Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum); Rand Hartsell (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign); Sarah McHone-Chase (Northern Illinois University); Lorna Engels
Staff attending: Debbie Campbell


  • Approved Minutes February 21, 2018 meeting.


  • CARLI Updates
    • The CARLI office is finished with renovations and the staff is moved back in.
    • There will be three Open Textbook Network trainer workshops the last week of April.  Streaming is available along with in-person training.
    • Anne Craig is conducting a series of director sessions.  She will be traveling to libraries to check-in with them.
    • Registration is open for the University of Chicago Preservation Department and Oriental Institute Open House on April, 20, 2018.
    • New I-Share Libraries Acquisitions training is April 11 & 12, 2018.
    • I-Share VuFind integration testing is ongoing.
  • Listserv Topics
    • Both Eric (6 responses) and Belinda (2 responses) have shared the responses for the January and February list serve questions.
      • Eric will compile his responses and send out spreadsheet.
      • Encourage responders to reply to the entire list.
    • The annual project survey questions will take the place of a March question.
    • Kelly will send out a draft for the April list serve questions which will include asking for ideas for the fall forum.  It will also serve as a “save the date” for the forum on October 25, 2018.
      • Kelly will send out the April listserv question sometime between April 2-6, 2018
  • Annual Project status   
    • Survey:
      • Lorna sent the survey out to the listserv on March 9, 2018
      • 51 responses so far.
      • April 9, 2018 is the deadline to respond.
      • Debbie will send out a reminder to the listserv about the survey.
      • 11 people that are non-committee members have agreed to be called for additional input.
      • Let Debbie know if you are interested in calling people.
      • We should have all the data by April 18, 2018.  Debbie and Lorna will export the results into a PDF document for us.
      • Final project is due May 31, 2018
    • Annotated Bibliography:
      • We need to finalize articles for the bibliography.
      • Thomas has compiled a list of relevant articles into a spreadsheet.
      • Kelly added book titles that are relevant to the topic of our annual project.
      • Restructure annotations for public audience/library colleagues.
      • We should include case study examples based on our survey.
    • Create Sub-groups to concentrate on multiple projects
      • Debbie will draft a web page to visualize the structure for the sub-committees.
      • Communication will depend on subcommittee’s needs.
  • Andy Meyer Webinar
    • There are 54 people currently registered for the March 29th webinar by Andy Meyer.
    • Debbie will send out a reminder this Friday.
    • If we have any comments about the slides please let Debbie know by today or tomorrow.  She will give the feedback to Andy.
    • Current slides are not his final version
    • The webinar will be recorded.
  • Fall Forum
    • The Fall Forum will be at Presidential Library for Thursday, October 25, 2018.
    • Check with Lisa about registration limit.
    • Work on promoting the Forum.
    • April list serve question should help with the promoting.
    • Compile a survey to gather topics of interest for the Forum and to find out if anyone is interested in presenting at the forum.
    • Belinda suggested getting a broader audience to network and interact with one another.

Tasks Assigned

  • Belinda and Eric will compile the answers from the listserv question they posted.
  • Kelly will send out the April listserv question the first week of April.
  • All committee members should go to the annotation document and annotate for a public audience.  Discuss if the article would be good for a case study.  
  • All committee members should continue to think about fall forum topics for break-out sessions, etc.
  • Check with Lisa about the registration limit for the Fall Forum.

Meeting Dates and Deadlines

  • Future Meeting Dates (3rd Wednesday of the Month, 10:00-11:30 via teleconference)
    • April 18 – Belinda Cheek (or volunteer), Minutes
    • May 16 – Eric Edwards (or volunteer), Minutes