Resource Sharing Committee Meeting: January 21, 2016

Conference Call

Members attending: Bryan Clark (Illinois Central College), Sandy Engram (Illinois College of Optometry), Kelly Fisher (Eureka College), Amy LeFeger (National-Louis University), Sarah Mueth (University of Illinois Springfield), Marcella Nowak (College of DuPage), Jeff Ridinger (Illinois State University), Jennifer Stegen (Loyola)

Members absent: Susan Duncan (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)
Staff attending: Debbie Campbell, Lorna Engels


  • Minutes of the 12/17/15 meeting approved
  • Meeting adjourned at 3:39 PM.


  • CARLI Announcements:
    • New I-Share Member Libraries
    • Reminder to call CARLI office if there is a service outage when the CARLI Office is closed instead of emailing support because it is not monitored when office is closed.
    • There has been a surge in cluster check-out errors of late.
      • CARLI is looking for an explanation for the increased frequency.
  • Open House updates
    • March 21st: Lewis and Clark; Principia is tentative yes
    • April 4th: ISU is on board; Illinois Wesleyan
    • April 18th: Illinois College of Optometry is yes; IIT? (Vanderback College is on reserve)


  • Processing fees:
    • Report of Jan. 2015 email list discussion that had 16 responses.
    • Debbie can rerun the report if we would like and will format the data and answer more questions.
      • If we share the report we should remove library names.
    • Discussion of how many on committee actually charge processing fees.
    • It is within committee purview to say processing cannot be higher than actual cost of processing.
    • The Committee received an email from a library staff member about our processing fee discussion; Amy will respond and direct him to our listserv Archive.
  • Annual Project: Open Access Articles
    • The committee will pose questions about Open Access and Resource Sharing to the Resource Sharing email list.
      • The questions will include the use of “discovery tools”, NIH Documents, Publisher Websites.
      • Jeff will send out a final look review of the list of questions before sending them to the listserv in January.
    • Does the question, “How do you make the open access resources available to your patrons?”, fit into the project or not?
    • Annotate the bibliography that Jeff set up.
      • Debbie will set up a Box folder for us to share the article in the bibliography; send Debbie any questions about Box.
      • If there is no pdf the link to the article will be in the bibliography.
      • Annotate the articles in google.doc

Meeting Dates and Deadlines:

  • Next Meeting: Thursday, February 18, 2016 by phone.
  • Schedule of Resource Sharing Committee Meetings:
    • Thursday, March 17, 2016
    • Thursday, April 21, 2016