Preservation Committee Meeting: November 18, 2014

Conference Call

Members attending: 

  • Jenny Dunbar 2014-2015, College of DuPage 
  • Sandra Fritz 2013-2015, Illinois State Library 
  • Beth McGowan 2013-2016, Northern Illinois University  
  • Lorraine Olley 2013-2015, University of Saint Mary of the Lake Mundelein Seminary 
  • Anne Thomason 2014-2017, Lake Forest College  

Members absent:

  • Miriam Centeno 2014-2016, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
  • Gregory MacAyeal, 2014-2017, Northwestern University
  • Julie Wroblewski , 2013-2015, Benedictine University 

Staff attending

  • Elizabeth Clarage
  • Nicole Swanson


  • Minutes of the October 7, 2014 meeting were approved
  • The meeting was adjourned at 10:18 am 


  • Jennifer Ho had to resign the committee due to a job change to a non-CARLI institution.
  • Elizabeth mentioned the post she sent regarding a question she got about Book Care.  It is something the committee should think about for future topics.  If anyone has recommendations for the original post, please share them.

Tasks Assigned:

  • The Burn Recovery Workshop plans are going forward for July of 2015.  The IFSI has given us a window of dates to consider.  The IFSI charge is $975.  The planning committee, Miriam, Sandra, Beth, Nicole, and Elizabeth, will meet before Thanksgiving to discuss the day’s agenda. 
  • Sandra Fritz will work with the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and the Illinois State Archives to confirm March 9 and back up date of March 17 for a Spring Preservation Open House.  Tour times are tentatively set for 10:00 and 1:00 or 1:30 with lunch in between at the State Library.
  • We are looking for another person to take Jennifer Ho’s place.  If the committee is aware of anyone at a CARLI institution that would be interested, please forward that information to Elizabeth and Nicole before Thanksgiving.   
  • Sandra is due to write the tip for December and will get that to Elizabeth and Nicole before the end of the month.  
  • Lorraine and Miriam will work on the Spring Blog post.
  • Greg and Miriam sent survey questions for the committee to look at and make comments on.  They are looking for some clarification about what we want to know and what we will do with that information.  Lorraine will create and share a statement for discussion at our next meeting.  All members are encouraged to review the survey questions and post any comments or recommendations to the list.

Meeting Dates and Deadlines:

Next Meeting: December 2, 2014 by Conference call