I-Share ACQ Team Meeting: July 17, 2012

CARLI Office, Champaign

Members Present: Eric Nygren, Sharon Nelson, Tonya Webb, Jim Edstrom (Chair), Carol Rhoades, Joan Schuitema, Stephen Smith, John Ballestro (minutes), Jen Masciadrelli (CARLI liaison), Susan Singleton (CARLI Director)

Members not present: Carol Doyle, >IUG Liaison – not filled

Minutes rotation:

  • John Ballestro
  • Carol Doyle
  • Sharon Nelson
  • Eric Nygren
  • Carol Rhoades
  • Joan Schuitema
  • Stephen Smith
  • Tonya Webb


CARLI Report – Susan Singleton

  • CARLI will be launching a new website with expectations that it will be live by the beginning of the fall semsester
  • Susan (and the Board) would like committee members to get to know each other by taking time to write a short blurb about their home library and institution.  
  • Goals for the new CARLI organizational structure:  
    • Committee work will become collaborative, integrated, and multidisciplinary.  
    • All members will have the opportunity to participate within the new structure and not feel isolated.
    • Have board members actively attend committee meetings so that information between levels is not so clouded and diluted.
  • CARLI is moving various servers to a more robust and centralized facility and is working on improving hardware and routing processes to improve efficiencies in the staff clients

Team’s Charge – Jen Masciadrelli

  • Jen will provide a link to member of team’s charge.  This also has explanations and timelines for planning events, programs, and meetings
  • Jen confirmed that the team will have an IUG liaison
  • Jen will set up the Adobe Connect and send a link to the team members to test connectivity.  If all goes well, the team will conduct monthly meetings with/in Adobe Connect

Old Business

Joan will send out the June 13th minutes and the team will approve them at the August meeting.

New Business

Discussion of Future Projects:

  • In order to help discussion on future topics, Jen will send the team feedback they received from recent Acquisitions training completed in June.
  • Jen will look for the Wink tutorial usage stats
  • John suggested that CARLI (or the team) could set up “mentors” for any new consortia member libraries.  Jen will talk to Kris, Susan, and Lorna about this.


  • Jen will send out the feedback responses from this May’s joint forum to look for possible webinar topics 
  • Looking at an October date for a webinar
  • Jim suggested a possible topic would be how a library creates reports from Voyager and reconciles it with its own college/university system to ensure accuracy
  • Joan remarked that it related to fund structures, structure changes, access reports, and how libraries need to be aware of how structures affect not only spending reports but reports on how and what a library purchases
  • Joan mentioned that the team might want to consider processes that libraries are currently working on to maximize efficiency (approval plans)

Spring Forum

Jim suggested the team think about where in central Illinois we could have a spring forum.  Last year was in northern Illinois (Chicago).

Meeting Dates

Meeting dates are as follows (subject to change, most will be phone in):

  • August 22nd
  • September 19th
  • October 17th
  • November 14th
  • December 12th
  • January 16th
  • February 20th
  • March 20th
  • April 17th
  • May 15th
  • June 19th

Meeting adjourned at 1:10pm

Respectfully submitted,
John Ballestro