I-Share ACQ Team Meeting: November 16, 2011

Conference call

Members Present:  Jim Edstrom (WRH), Lynn Fields (SIUE),John Ballestro (SIUC, Co-Chair), Melissa Laytham (NPU, Co-Chair), Sharon Nelson (NIU), Christophe Andersen (COL), and Carol Rhoades (ISU).

Members Absent: Stephen J. Smith (UIC) and Megan Bernal (DPU, IUG Liaison),

Staff Present: Jen Masciadrelli (CARLI)

Meeting Commenced at 11:04 AM

Confirm Minute Taker (Jim)

Approval of October 19 Minutes: The minutes were examined and a few minor changes made. The minutes were approved as updated.


  • CARLI Report. Jen noted that there was nothing to report of any particular significance. She mentioned that there was a meeting on October 28 between the IUG, the Collections Working Group and the E-Resources working group focused on issues related to e-books.
  • Report from IUG Liaison – Megan was absent from the meeting, so it was asked if anybody had any questions to pass on to her for bringing to IUG.

Old Business

  • Wink Tutorials. Jen reported that there are no meaningful data on either usage of the tutorials or the survey. We will check back on results at our January meeting.
  • Joint ICAT/IACQ Spring Forum Update – Missy reported that there was a conference call on November 7with eighteen people from ICAT and IACQ in attendance.  At that meeting it was confirmed that the Newberry Library will host the forum on May 4. Various people are working on the logistics. The Newberry is willing to conduct tours of their facility for attendees that will include behind-the-scenes access. A draft questionnaire is being put together to gather feedback to rank what people are most interested in discussing at the forum—cataloging, access, acquisitions, etc.—both in the morning sessions and in the afternoon breakout sessions.
  • Open Houses Planning for Spring:
  • John will be talking soon to UIUC.
  • Sharon reported that NIU will not be able to host an open house.
  • Jen has not yet heard back from EIU.
  • Jen reported that the CARLI staff are agreed that the IACQ vacancy should be filled.  She has looked at lists of volunteers, and she welcomed any suggestions. Joan Schuitema from NEIU has expressed an interest. There was some discussion as to logistics.  Jen will follow up.
  • Review of Wiki Documents. We reviewed the status of various wiki documents. Jen will e-mail the completed list of revisions to everyone.

New Business

There was no new business. The meeting was adjourned at about 12:30 PM.

The next IACQ meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 14, 2011 via phone.

 Respectfully submitted,
 Jim Edstrom