I-Share ACQ Team Meeting: August 24, 2011

Conference call

Members present: Megan Bernal (DPU, IUG Liaison), James Edstrom (WRH), Lynn Fields (SIE), Rebekah Hall (TIU), Melissa Laytham (NPU, Co-Chair), Sharon Nelson (NIU), Carol Rhoades (ISU), Stephen J. Smith (UIC)

Members absent: Christophe Andersen (COL), John Ballestro (SIC, Co-Chair),  

Staff Present: Jen Masciadrelli (CARLI)

Meeting commenced at 10:30 a.m.

  1. Minute taker for this meeting was confirmed as Carol.

  2. Minutes from July 27 approved.

  3. Reports:

    • CARLI Report – Jen
      Jen reported that it was business as usual for CARLI.  The implementation of the newer version of Voyager went smoothly.

    • Report from IUG Liaison-Megan

Old Business:

  1. Progress Report on Wink Tutorials.  It was agreed that the wink tutorials look great.  Jen will work with webmaster to see where to store tutorials on the CARLI website.  Once that is accomplished an announcement will follow to advertise the tutorials.  Statistics will be gathered on the number of “click throughs” these tutorials generate and a survey will be created to see if people found the tutorials to be helpful. It was suggested that a link to the survey be put on the wink page to ask people to take the survey right after viewing the tutorial. It was decided that the announcement of the tutorials will be put off until the second one is completed. It was decided that it would be prudent to determine the level of interest in these tutorials before any more are created.

  2. Progress on Survey/Open Houses/ Webinars There were over fifty responses to the survey about possible topics and preferred choice of  delivery (webinar, open house) that was sent to the listservs.  Jen will send a reminder out to take the survey with an end date included.  Jen indicated that she would contact ICAT about having a joint forum. There was a discussion about how people who had taken the survey viewed the size of their library.  A lot of respondents classified their library as small.  It was agreed that this is a subjective question.  Missy offered to send an email to the group for us to gauge the size of our libraries. There were no volunteers to host any open houses by the survey respondents and it was agreed that this would go on next month’s agenda.

  3. CPP Patterns  Missy voiced concern that some complex publication patterns were out of date and raised the question of who was responsible for maintaining this page.  Jen indicated that she would send the group a link to this page and asked that she be emailed if any of us found any pattern that was out of date.

New Business:

There was no new business to discuss.

Meeting Dates

The next IACQ meeting is scheduled for September 21, in Champaign.

Meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.

Respectfully submitted, C. Rhoades