Collection Management Committee Meeting: March 16, 2022

Zoom / Conference Call

Members attending: Dan Blewett, co-chair (College of DuPage), Chad Buckley (Illinois State University), Janice Derr (Eastern Illinois University), Keith Eiten, co-chair (Wheaton College), Stephanie Fletcher (Dominican University), Lorene Kennard, (University of St. Francis), Jayna Leipart Guttilla (Illinois Valley Community College), Scott Thomson (Rush University), Kris Veldheer (Catholic Theological Union)

CARLI Staff attending: Elizabeth Clarage, Jen Masciadrelli, Jenny Taylor

Board Liaison: Taran Ley (Southern Illinois University School of Medicine)

E-Resources Management Task Force Liaison: Andrea Imre (Southern Illinois University Carbondale)


  • The February committee meeting minutes were approved.
  • The DEI Subcommittee will update the Introduction to the Sample Language used in Collection Development Policies document and bring the document back to the committee in April for review.

Tasks Assigned

  • Minutes taken by Stephanie Fletcher.
  • Keith will ask his colleague about sharing a locally created Alma Analytics report.
  • The DEI Subcommittee will revise the introduction to the Sample Language used in Collection Development Policies document, and then share it with the committee.


  • Member Announcements: None.
  • CARLI Announcements:
    • Elizabeth: Update about the shared ebook program.
    • Jenny: Updates about the fiscal year renewal process were summarized in the email she circulated to the e-resources list earlier this week.
    • Jenny: Accessibility forum is coming up in April.
    • Jenny: CARLI has 3 new positions approved for hire. Jenny’s focuses on e-resources, Jen’s focuses on Alma, and Jessica’s focuses on technical issues. Congratulations to our CARLI colleagues who received promotions!


  • Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Subcommittee:
    • Subcommittee shared draft of Sample DEI Language used in Collection Development Policies document.
    • Committee discussed a query received about collection audits in academic libraries. At ISU, their Teaching and Learning Librarian did complete an audit of FY21 purchases.
  • Weeding Ebooks Subcommittee: No report.
  • OA Ebooks Subcommittee:
    • Subcommittee members have been reviewing the OA Network Zone collections.
    • Committee discussed reviewing OA journal content which can be more difficult to identify and review.
  • Alma Analytics Subcommittee:
    • The subcommittee met. Members have reviewed the current Collections Analytics page for content and currency. The committee plans to update the page and maintain some of the current content but to also include help in finding useful reports.
    • Committee members were asked what report they find most useful. Keith shared that a colleague at Wheaton developed a local report that is useful when reviewing content in a call number range. He will ask his co-worker if that report can be shared with the committee/CARLI.

Next Meeting Dates and Deadlines

The Collection Management Committee will meet next on April 20, 2022 at 9am.

Committee Meetings:
May 18, 2022
June 15, 2022