Collection Management Committee Meeting: January 19, 2022

Zoom / Conference Call

Members attending: Dan Blewett, co-chair (College of DuPage), Chad Buckley (Illinois State University), Janice Derr (Eastern Illinois University), Keith Eiten, co-chair (Wheaton College), Stephanie Fletcher (Dominican University), Lorene Kennard, (University of St. Francis), Jayna Leipart Guttilla (Illinois Valley Community College), Scott Thomson (Rush University), Kris Veldheer (Catholic Theological Union)

Members absent: None

CARLI Staff attending: Elizabeth Clarage, Jen Masciadrelli (late),

E-Resources Management Task Force Liaison: Andrea Imre (Southern Illinois University Carbondale)

Tasks Assigned

  • Minutes taken by Kris Veldheer.
  • Scott Thomson will take minutes in February.
  • Elizabeth and Jen will send polls for the subcommittee meetings and setup those meetings.


  • Update to minutes, pg. 3 needs to be switched to Keith Eiten instead of Dan Eiten.
  • Minutes were approved with the above correction.


  • Member Announcements:
    • Stephanie Fletcher (Dominican University): New Member
    • Members went around and introduced themselves to Stephanie.
    • Dan announced that College of DuPage is hiring and will be hiring more in the near future.
  • CARLI Announcements:
    • They now have a title list from Wiley for the FY2021 (Year 1) that confirms the consortium's selections. Elizabeth is verifying the list.
    • Call for Crowdfunding for the FY2023 Ebook Program has gone out.


  • OER- The committee discussed how to generate faculty interest in OER. Jayna brought up how to get faculty buy-in for OER and they are launching Legato, so how do you get buy-in for that as well. Who else is starting an OER initiative?  Dan said it’s really hard and you need to give faculty time off and a stipend. Stephanie said Dominican is doing something similar. Kris suggested looking for other grant options. This might be something for the OER committee to take up. Elizabeth mentioned the robust program at KU is faculty driven. Keith asked how do you make it faculty driven, is it only cost savings for students or is it ? Much more discussion ensued.
  • Keith suggested the Subcommittees meet again before the next CMC meeting on the suggestion of Jen Masciadrelli.  Jen and Elizabeth will send out Doodle polls and get those meetings scheduled.
  • Keith gave an overview of the Subcommittees.
  • DEI Subcommittee: The group is working to pull together suggested DEI language for collection development policies. They also talked about doing a DEI audit of CARLI’s ebook collection but that seems overwhelming at this time.
  • Ebook Weeding Subcommittee: Nothing to report
  • Open Access E-Books Subcommittee: Reviewing Alma OA collections that are shared in the Network Zone to confirm they meet selection guidelines. This is a work in progress.
  • Alma Analytics Subcommittee: Met in December and agreed to look at the Alma Analytics CARLI webpage to check links, etc. About half of that page has been checked so far.

Next Meeting Dates and Deadlines

The Collection Management Committee will meet next on February 16, 2022 at 9am.

Committee Meetings:
March 16, 2022
April 20, 2022
May 18, 2022
June 15, 2022