Collection Management Committee: October 15, 2013

CARLI Office, Champaign

Members attending: Jeffry Archer, University of Chicago; Hannah Buckland, Eureka College; Chad Buckley, Illinois State University; Kim Fournier, chair, William Rainey Harper College; Pam Hackbart-Dean, Southern Illinois University Carbondale; Jane Hopkins, Greenville College; Nichole Novak, by phone, Illinois Institute of Technology; Susan Prokopeak, Joliet Junior College; Todd Spires, Bradley University; Lynn Wiley, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

Staff attending: Elizabeth Clarage; Jen Masciadrelli


  • Minutes from the September 10 meeting were approved.
  • Members accepted the invitation to present at IACRL preconference. Lynn Wiley and Todd Spires will share presentations on assessment of local projects.
  • In-person meeting scheduled for March 21 will instead be held as a conference call on March 11 from 10:00-11:30.
  • Conference call scheduled for April 8 will instead be held in-person on the same date from 10:00-3:00 in Champaign.
  • Meeting was adjourned at 1:40 p.m.


  • New dean at UIUC.
  • Some EBSCO and YBP contracts are currently in limbo.
  • CARLI selection system for calendar year databases opens soon.
  • CARLI is working to finalize a PDA ebook contract.
  • Usage Statistics Forum is scheduled for November 22 from 10:30 to 3:30 at the University of Illinois at Springfield.

Tasks Assigned

  • Hannah was selected to take minutes.
  • Elizabeth, Kim, Lynn, and Todd will prepare IACRL preconference presentation for March 20.
  • Chad, Kim, Pam, and Todd will continue to develop the weeding/collection relocation webinar.
  • Chad, Lynn, and Todd will continue to develop the PDA program for late May or early June.
  • Susan and Hannah will look over scholarly communications website and report back with recommendations regarding scope and content.


  • IACRL Preconference: Committee accepts invitation to present; presenters will explain "how we did [something related to assessment] at our library"; possible inclusion of poster session.
  • Weeding/Collection Relocation Program: Formatted as webinar or series of webinars; inclusion of information on best practices; date(s) to be determined.
  • PDA Program: Will be held in-person in late May or early June; interest in involving other committees, especially Commercial Products, Public Services, Resource Sharing, and Tech Services.
  • White Paper: Will connect the Committee's two programs (and possibly IACRL presentations) to larger themes and trends currently affecting collection management; content will be drafted in the Wiki.

Next Meetings

  • Conference calls from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: November 12, December 10, January 14, February 11, March 11, May 13, June 10
  • In-person meeting at the CARLI Office, Champaign 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: April 8