Created Content Committee Meeting: May 25, 2021

Zoom / Conference Call

Members Present: Hunt Dunlap (Western Illinois University), Marlee Graser (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville), Tricia Lampron (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), Matthew Short (Northern Illinois University), Angela Yon, co-chair (Illinois State University)

Member Absent: Greer Martin, co-chair (Loyola University Chicago)

CARLI Staff Present: Elizabeth Clarage, Amy Maroso, Jessica Gibson


  • Matt confirmed as minutes taker.
  • Minutes approved from March 23, 2021 meeting.
  • Annual report will be submitted by CARLI staff.

PrimoVE External Source Integration Project

  • Tricia has added a few stanzas to Normalization Rules, but more work is needed on the External Sources Integration documentation; this should be wrapped up by the June meeting.
  • Updates from Working Groups
    • Problem with display of description field from ContentDM still not resolved, but Ex Libris developers are investigating.
    • Matt will create a user story for Islandora 7 by next meeting, but doesn’t have enough familiarity yet to create one for Islandora 8.
    • Marlee is working on Digital Commons user story and trying to solve a problem with the display of identifiers. Angela and Marlee will meet separately to finish this work.
    • Tricia will create a DSpace user story by mid-June.

Committee on Hiatus in 2022

  • Committee is going on hiatus due to the lack of eligible volunteers. The hope is that once Alma and Primo VE implementation is complete, we may have more volunteers for 2023. If not, CARLI may need to rethink whether the committee should continue.
  • Amy will check links in best practices documents, as time permits, and take over Google Analytics Reports.

Next Meeting

The final committee meeting will occur on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00am-10:00am.